Ajrakh Cottage Patch
3Kgs. – 15Kgs.
100% Organic Cotton Jersey with Regular cotton Woven center panel.
The popular story amongst local printers is that Ajrakh means “keep it today.” It is also linked to azrakh, the Arabic word for indigo, a blue plant which thrived in the arid ecology of Kachchh. Ajrakh patterns use complex geometry & there are fourteen stages in Ajrakh printing. This particular fabric has been sourced from Award winning Craftsmen from Kutchh, tracing their roots back to a 16th century ancestor who came to India from Sindh, bringing with him the craft of Ajrakh printing.
Patchwork is a trend that never goes out of style. It has been used for 1000s of years and is still extremely popular. This brilliant patchwork design using Ajrakh printing on an indigo background is the ideal gift for expectant moms.
Who is it meant for?
0M+ baby, you can start babywearing in a Wrap right from the age of 0 days old :)
• Wide shoulder supports no straps pressing onto points on your shoulders or back
• Uses entire back and shoulders to evenly distribute weight of baby
• Triple Wrapped Safety
• No buckles, snaps or fasteners
• One size fits all
• Machine washable
• 100% Cotton
• Tapered ends make wrapping easier
What are the benefits of Baby Wearing?
1) Babies are happier - Baby wearing 3 hours per day:
Lesser crying by 43% overall and 54% in the evening, good digestion eases colic and reflux, less stress hormones in baby, relaxed, calmer and happier baby.
2) Carried babies learn more and are smarter - Carried babies spend their time in quite alertness creating the optimal state of learning, resulting in enhanced visual alertness and speech development. Baby wearing helps baby's developing brain make the right connections.
3) Secure Attachment - Baby wearing enables the mother to be aware of her baby's cues. When a baby's needs are met for the first 18 months of the baby's life, they form a blue print for strong, secure children and their adult behaviour for compassion, resilience and high compassion, high self esteem and forming healthy relationships.
4) Carried babies sleep better - Frequently carried babies fall asleep quickly and will usually sleep deeper and for longer periods of time.
5) Baby wearing is convenient - Three words, two free hands! Multitasking and having baby close and secure now possible.
6) Baby wearing is healthier for you and baby - Wearing your baby burns upto 300 calories a day! A brisk 10 minute walk will shed about 100 calories. Baby provides as much resistance as a pair of hand weights. It improves yours and baby's core muscles and posture. Helps decrease the occurrence of postnatal depression. Boosts breastfeeding - Moms who routinely babywear are twice as likely to breastfeed.
**All images of all our products on this website are for representation purposes only. Please be aware that the final product in hand may or may not have a slight variation in colour or texture when compared to the product photo.**
**Please allow 8-10 business days for fulfilment with free shipping with India. International shipping times may vary.**
MADE IN INDIA WITH LOVE ♥